5 Elements of Powerful Stories
We talk a ton about story telling here. We do that because it’s an important tool to have in your marketing toolbox. Here’s five tips to keep in mind as you craft your stories:
When I was in college, I cared about what people thought of me. Too much. It affected how I dressed, spoke, ate, exercised, and what classes I took. I rearranged my life to make others happy, and went with the ebbs and flows of their opinions. I didn’t serve my true self, or the calling that was inside me.
Then I heard a story that changed me.
1. Powerful stories resonate within us.
2. Powerful stories show the light and the dark.
3. Powerful stories point to a greater cause.
4. Powerful stories teach—but in a different way.
5. Powerful stories leave room for interpretation.
Photo courtesy of ©iStockphoto.com/LuisPortugal